Andrea Banks, MD, DTM&H
Dr. Andrea Banks is a graduate of the University of Kentucky in 2000 and the University of Kentucky College of Medicine in 2004, with subsequent completion of internal medicine internship and residency at the University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2007. She completed her fellowship in infectious disease at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC in 2014. In 2015, she obtained a Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene at the Gorgas Memorial Institute, in Lima, Peru. Dr. Banks is board certified in internal medicine and infectious diseases. She is a member of the American College of Physicians, the Infectious Disease Society of America, and the Kentucky Medical Association. Dr. Banks has practiced infectious disease at Lexington Infectious Disease Consultants since 2015. She also does pre-travel consultations as part of the Bluegrass Travel Clinic.
Dr. Banks Patient Review
- "Dr. Banks has done a fantastic job getting me well. She has taken time to help with my illness and provide excellent care both in the
hospital and office."
- "Dr. Banks, she was wonderful and understanding and helpful."
- "I love everyone at LIDC, and Dr. Banks was able to give me hope for future antibiotic treatment since I'm so severely sensitive and can't take
much of anything. Hope is a wonderful thing, and I was given that precious gift. I was truly blessed in finding such an outstanding practice!!"
- "Dr. Banks was good to me, I love them all. Thank you."
- "She took time to explain what was going on and what could happen in the future."