Marty Allen, MD
Dr. Marty Allen is a graduate of Cumberland College in 1997 and the University of Louisville School of Medicine in 2001. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine and Fellowship in Infectious Diseases in 2001 at the University of Louisville Hospital and subsequently served as Assistant Professor of Medicine with the University of Louisville Department of Medicine and Division of Infectious Diseases. Dr. Allen was instrumental in the development of the Bone and Joint Infection Service at the University of Louisville Hospital and subsequently became the Medical Director of the program where he remained until 2011. During this time he also served as the Infectious Disease Director of the Wound and Infectious Disease Clinic at the VA Medical Center in Louisville. After a year of practice at Norton Healthcare in Louisville, Dr. Allen joined Lexington Infectious Disease Consultants, PSC in 2012. He is a member of the Infectious Disease Society of America, the Kentucky Medical Association, and is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
Dr. Allen Patient Reviews
- "Dr. Allen was an excellent diagnostician. He has a very reassuring manner"
- "Dr. Allen and his team were terrific. Elizabeth was superb! From the hospital to my last visit, they were friendly, supportive, and professional.
Thank you all!!"
- "Honestly, Dr. Allen saved my life!""
- "Extremely happy with Dr. Allen & his support staff. Knowledgeable, down to earth communicator and thorough are words I would use to
- "He answered my questions and concerns in an appropriate manner which was easily understood for a non medical individual.
- "Very professional and concerned with my well-being. Courteous and respectful"
- "A '5 star' because there is no '10 star'. And the same comment for the nurses!"