Dr. Mark Dougherty is a graduate of the University of Virginia in 1979 and the University of Virginia School of Medicine in 1983, with subsequent Internship and Residency at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in 1986. He completed his Infectious Disease Fellowship in 1988 at the University of Rochester School of Medicine in Rochester, New York. Dr. Dougherty is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Dougherty, along with Dr. John Meek founded Lexington Infectious Disease Consultants, PSC, in June 1990. He has been the Hospital Epidemiologist at Central Baptist Hospital from 1988 through the present, and at Continuing Care Hospital since 2005. Dr. Dougherty is a member of the Infectious Disease Society of America and served on the Clinical Affairs Committee from 2001 through 2006. Dr. Dougherty is also a member of the Kentucky Medical Association.
Mark J. Dougherty, MD
Dr. Dougherty Patient Reviews
- "Outstanding, Dr. D is the best!"
- "Excellent! "
- "My surgeon called Dr. Dougherty as soon as he knew I had an infection. Dr. Dougherty saw me the same day the surgeon called him
and he took an aggressive path to treat my infection. He continued to see me at least once a week, if not more, until my infection was
gone. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Dougherty. "
- "Dr. Dougherty provided superb care. He fit me into his busy schedule, and took the time to explain things. He knows what he is doing,
and seems to truly care about his patients! "
- "It was more than refreshing to actually have a physician like Dr. Dougherty who attacked the potentially dangerous threat to
my well being in an aggressive and professional manner
- "Dr. Dougherty was very engaging, respectful, and knowledgeable."
- "Capable, communicates, friendly, efficient"
- "Excellent Dr. and was by my side during the worst time of my life. He took over my care and was the best. "
- "He rates above excellent with us!"