John Meek, MD
Dr. John Meek is a graduate of West Virginia University in 1979 and the West Virginia University School of Medicine in 1984, with subsequent Internship and Residency at the Charleston Area Medical Center in Charleston, West Virginia, in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics in 1988. He completed his Infectious Disease Fellowship in 1990 at the University of Kentucky Medical Center, Division of Infectious Diseases. Dr. Meek is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Meek, along with Dr. Mark Dougherty founded Lexington Infectious Disease Consultants, PSC, in June 1990. Dr. Meek has served as Hospital Epidemiologist at Samaritan Hospital from 1990 through the present. He is a member of the Infectious Disease Society of America as well as the Kentucky Medical Association.
Dr. Meek Patient Reviews
- "Dr. Meek, Tonya Hatfield, Kim (RN), and OPAT team were exceptional"
- "As I recall, I did not have to wait very long to be called back eve though the waiting room seemed full. I saw Dr. Meek for follow up and
he seemed to not be rushed and spent plenty of time with me answering my questions."
- "I was so very impressed with the staff and Dr. Meek. Very professional and friendly."
- "Dr. Meek took time to really the time to talk and explain the situation to me"
- "Dr. Meek is great!!!"
- "Dr Meek and his staff are amazing."
- "Dr. Meek was wonderful and took time with us to explain everything and considered all possibilities"
- "Very friendly clearly answered my questions and concerns."
- "Listens to me, asks questions, and very intelligent. I have to say Tonya Hatfield has been a GREAT care giver in her own right. I’m going to
miss her terribly. "