Charles A. Kennedy, MD, FACP
Dr. Kennedy will be retiring after March 31st 2024.
Dr. Charles Kennedy is a graduate of California State Polytechnic University in 1981 and the University of Southern California Medical School in 1985, with subsequent Internship and Residency at the University of Washington in 1988. He completed his Infectious Disease Fellowship in 1990 at the University of California, Los Angeles, California. Dr. Kennedy is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. He was a Lieutenant Commander, Medical Corps in the United States Naval Reserve from 1981 through 1993, and has practiced Infectious Disease at Lexington Infectious Disease Consultants, PSC since 1995. Dr. Kennedy has served as Hospital Epidemiologist at St. Joseph Hospital from 2001 through the present, was Chief of Medicine from 2002 through 2003, was President Elect and Chair of Quality Improvement from 2004 through 2005, Chief of Staff from 2006 through 2007 and is the current Chair of Credentials Committee. Dr. Kennedy is a member of the Infectious Disease Society of America as well as the Kentucky Medical Association.
Dr. Kennedy Patient Reviews
- "He is very courteous and extremely knowledgeable."
- "Dr. Kennedy addressed my issues and got me through a very difficult time."
- "Dr. Kennedy and his staff are exceptional!
- "Dr. Kennedy, the PA and RN who gave instruction in the use of IV PICC lines for home were all excellent."
- "He was great. Very kind and reassuring"
- "I was pleased with the service and enjoyed Dr. Kennedy's demeanor"